Tuesday, April 29

Clarification

For those of you who didn't catch it all in my last post, I was talking to my brother on the phone last night with my crying baby in hand, and told him to tell Naomi that if she had a spare day and was bored (Ha!), she could come hold my baby for me. I am feeling so far behind! This cold has been awful for Ashleigh, and the thing she wants the most is to be held. The last several days she has just cried and cried. So not long after telling Paul this, Naomi calls back and said she'd come help me for about an hour--her girls were down for the night, and Paul would be up a while yet anyway, so she'd come help me!
So she came and put my baby to sleep after I fed her, read Kaylie a book, helped right the living room, and cleaned up my kitchen while I did various other tasks. She was the blessing I was needing last night, to be sure.
You moms who have had sick children know the frustration of feeling like you can't keep up in the first place, after having a new baby. Then add two sick children on top of it, and you get so far behind you feel it'll take you weeks to catch up! My only reason for being on here now, is because I'm eating my lunch after I put my girls down and decided I'd do two things at once--eat and check email at the same time.

So if you need to feel you've been a blessing--reach out to a new mom, and you'll know you've been God's angel in disguise.
God Bless your week!

1 Comments:

At 4/30/2008 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I'm sure that was a blessing! Sometimes I would just love to have someone come help me for just a couple hours one day. But their job would be clean the house while I spend time with my boys!! Hope things get better for you real soon, LaVonne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home