Saturday, April 12

Today's Running

Today was a different day. This morning, Kaylie and I left Ashleigh at home with Daddy, so she could nap while he did homework on the computer, while we went shopping at a flea market here in town! We were gone several hours, and I had great fun! I found great bargains today--I think I covered some of my list, and may have deviated some.......but there are some things I'm always on the lookout for that I just don't put on my list--like diaper genie refills. They're always on a mental list.

Then after there, since it was raining till we left and it was lunchtime/naptime, we headed home. We had our lunch, Kaylie got put down for a nap, Ashleigh finished fed, since her bottle didn't seem to top it off, and then I swapped daughters and headed for town once again! Left Kaylie at the house for her nap, and took Ashleigh with me, who napped most of the time too. Did some Goodwill-ing, some exchanging at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and of course, the last stop of the day--Walmart. Good ole' Walmart.
Speaking of Goodwills, my main purpose for going to those places was to find a sandbox for Kaylie for her birthday. I couldn't find anything. Anyone have a sandbox for sale or know of somewhere I can find one, free shipping? Now is when I really wish I could've brought all my daycare stuff with me!!!!!! Mats, playgym (one of those Toys R Us slide/house combos--Little Tykes brand or whatever it was), turtle sandbox, basketball goal, indoor slide, etc.........but I sold all of it to various mothers and the next sitter.

So if you run across a sandbox for free or something, let me know. =]
Now since my hubby is sacked out on the couch with terrible sunburn from yesterday, my girls are bathed and in bed, let me go find some chocolate and sit down to read some more of "23 Minutes in Hell". Quite a fascinating book. It really brings out the seriousness and awfulness of hell, to me anyway. Ever read it?

2 Comments:

At 4/13/2008 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try craigslist.com which is an online classified as that is localized to where you live. I love it!

 
At 4/13/2008 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try garage sales--that's where I found my turtle one, for cheap. I realize you can't go trotting to all the garage sales, either, but those big items are often ones they list (and the ones people go for, so you have to beat the hoarders :-)) Until you find one, you can try what we did before I found ours. I bought a big Sterilite underbed storage box with a lid at Walmart (much cheaper than a sandbox), and that worked great! After I found the "real" sandbox, I washed out the storage box and put it to good use inside the house...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home