Wednesday, April 9

So we've heard

My thoughts are in a turmoil as I write this evening. I received my letter from MCG today, and I "have been selected to serve on the alternate list for 2008." This means that, if someone (who has been accepted at MCG) decides that they want to go to another school (where they have been accepted as well) that they will select people from the alternate list to fill the class. While this is better in many ways than getting an outright rejection letter, I do not like the idea of having to potentially wait until the very end of summer to find out what I will be doing for the next year, as it literally could go until the very beginning of August before I am invited; on the contrary, I may not hear at all, meaning that I must wait until next year. Please pray for us: Lezlie and I are both very disappointed with this outcome, but we know that God is in control and that He has a Master Plan in all this.

4 Comments:

At 4/10/2008 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, His "ways are higher" . . . we can't "see" very far . . .so we trust Him . . .

our sympathies for this "mess" up of your plans . . . sometimes life is just that way . . . - Japheth and Aimee

 
At 4/10/2008 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John was just telling me last night that his father (an orthopedic surgeon) was on the alternate list to get into medical school--and got in the 2nd day of classes. I guess several people decided to drop out after the first day of gross anatomy. :-) Here's hoping you don't have to wait that long. We'll be praying that God shows His will and gives you both grace to wait in the meantime.

 
At 4/13/2008 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you all know that you are definitely in our thoughts and prayers!! I'm emailing you soon!!

 
At 4/21/2008 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you, too! You don't know me but I check your blog occasionally. I'm a 3rd year med student in Indianapolis who is also a conservative Anabaptist. Hang in there and don't be afraid to continue letting MCG know you're interested and maybe even ask them where on the list you are as the beginning of the school year gets a little closer if you haven't been admitted already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home