Monday, March 24

Books

Today's mail brought some books I bought online for my children.
Anyone remember Carmella the cow, Luciano the Duck or Sally Goose?
I had the old Carmella book, but it has been taped and re-taped, so I started searching for another vintage one a while back, and couldn't locate one. I looked again this past week, and sho' nuf! I found one! It was paired with these other two by the same publishers--Paraclete Press.
So tonight after supper I was reading Carmella to Kaylie, and thought Carmella's song at the end of the book was quite appropriate for a life verse. I looked at the others' songs and thought they were good as well. So I will share them with you.

Carmella's Song~
You can be happy right where you are.
You don't have to search or go very far
To find the contentment God has for you,
If you'll just accept what He's planned for you.

You can be happy just being you.
You don't have to do what others may do
To find the contentment God has for you,
If you'll just accept what He's planned for you!

Luciano's Song~
Whatever you may be about to do, do it with all your might!
Make the most of each precious moment every day and night.
Put your heart into all you do, give as much as you're able to.
Show the Lord that you're grateful for the life He's given you!

Sally's Song~
God gives us many blessings to show His love and care;
He gives us friends and family, their life with us to share.
And we must always know that they're a gift to us from Him,
And treat them lovingly--then give them back to Him.

2 Comments:

At 3/28/2008 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you would also enjoy Once Upon A Child by Debbie McChesney

 
At 3/28/2008 12:41 PM, Blogger Momof3 said...

I just might....I think I've heard of the book. So who are you, Anon? Care to identify yourself? I enjoy knowing who stops by! =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home