Sunday, April 20

Gone

The pacifiers are GONE! Kaylie is totally weaned off her pacifiers!!!!!!!!!!!
I pretty much just went cold turkey on her for the nighttime weaning. She's been having to go put it back in her bed daytime, but for any sleeping times, she's had it 99% of the time, so I knew that would be a battle.
Wednesday morning I took it from her and we started bedtimes without it, and we haven't gone back since. Yes, she's asked for it--she still does some--, yes, she's cried, yes, it's hard on Mom, but NO, I won't back down, and I've thrown them away so I can't give in, no matter what! She's doing really well!
So thanks for praying and remembering me this past week--keep praying for us! It's not totally over yet.
Whew, I didn't realize it would be this easy, even though it's been somewhat difficult...........

1 Comments:

At 4/20/2008 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a SuperNanny episode where the nanny had the child help package up the pacifiers to mail out to children who need them and don't have them. The child got to decorate the package and go put in the mail box. Of course, the parents actually threw them away. But the nanny got there early and put a new package in the mailbox for the child to get and it had different toys/books for "big boys" to play with as a thank you for his committment to growing up and sharing his pacifiers. I know this is a little OUT THERE... but I thought it was cool.

Regardless of how you do it... it's important and I am proud of you Sista for sticking to it. And a huge GREAT JOB to Kaylie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home