Monday, April 14

A Parent's Rave


Noah's Big Boat
This is one of THE best children's books I have ever read! And through the years, I've read quite a few, but this one tops any I've read, for activity level. My sister sent this to Kaylie one Christmas and I put it away until she was old enough to enjoy it. A couple weeks after Ashleigh was born, I was looking in a drawer for something else, and found this book! To say Kaylie is enthralled with this book is an understatement. We read this book all the time! Kaylie was learning how to count before this book, but reading these pages has enhanced the counting, and she now knows her shapes and colors too. Oh, did I tell you she's not 2 yet? Her birthday is around the corner........My point in bragging on her knowledge at her age is to say that this book brings out the best in them at such a young age. I'm astounded at how well put together this book is, and how easy it is to teach little children these important 'skills'!

I highly recommend this book as a gift for your child or anyone else's!

3 Comments:

At 4/14/2008 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I know you can't compare children, because, well, they're all different! But Kaylie knows her numbers, shapes & colors? Wow again! I'm thinking how Walden couldn't care less about those things... but really, that's okay! I know he'll get them eventually...

Isn't it so fun to have your child doing something like that at such an age?

 
At 4/15/2008 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, no one believes us when we say that Anna can pick out a couple of colors. She can't even say the words, but if you ask her to get the purple duck or the green block, she'll pick the correct one. I think girls tend to learn colors younger than boys, but I could be wrong about that.

 
At 4/20/2008 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad she is loving this book. I loved it too and I am an adult! It means a lot that gifts I send out make a positive impact. It's one of the only ways to connect with my nieces from across the miles.

Thanks for sharing!

~Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home