Tuesday, January 16

It happened to me!

I could write into a parenting magazine with this one:
A warning to all parents!
We were in Food Lion yesterday, and I asked Vern to push the cart instead of my pushing, stop, gather item off the shelf, push, stop, gather....you get the idea. So he puts Kaylie in the seat of the cart, and most of the way, she keeps pulling her legs up and acting funny. I couldn't figure out what her problem was, though I did see that one side of the snap down part of the seat had a crack, but it wasn't touching her leg. Finally Vernon took her out, and I spotted the problem. There was a wire poking out from the other side of the seat that was gauging her leg, and she had marks down her leg. THIS is when I wish she could talk and tell me what hurts! I felt so guilty for not picking up on her signals earlier, and making her hurt longer. It happens to all us parents at some point or another, I know.
So for all you parents who put children in the seat of the cart, watch out for loose part that could injure your child! I had all kinds of tetanus thoughts running though my mind, wondering what all has contaminated that cart.

I guess the theme is: BE AWARE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home