Wednesday, January 10

God is MY MAN when our Man is gone

Kaylie and I just spent our first evening alone together. It was kinda sobering in a way! I'm sure she didn't know any different, but for me, I was thinking about the changes Vern's new schedule will bring to our family and how it's up to me as to how I accept those changes. I can allow those changes to be good or bad. Sometimes these long years of schooling look so huge, but as I tell people when they ask how many years he has left, etc.~We're taking it one year at a time, one semester at a time, one day at a time.

There are negative factors about Vern's being away that I could list, but I'm choosing to look at the bright side tonight! God has given us so much! Here are some of the highlights:

~Vern's hospital job is flexible, in that they adjust the schedule every semester as needed so that he can work around his classes. Not every job would be so gracious.
~God has allowed Vern to make it this far with scholarships, and without those, he wouldn't even BE in school, for lack of funds.
~I have plenty of projects to work on while he's away, so I shouldn't get bored!
~I have special bonding time with my daughter in the evenings that I don't get anymore during the day since Morgan has joined us 5 days a week.
~I have made two new friends in the last 6 months, namely because of the schooling/doctoring similarity in our families. I'm sure I wouldn't have been connected with them otherwise.
~I'm learning how to relate to others in a more sensitive way than I might have, had our circumstances been different.
~God knew I'd be lonely when Vern's away so much, so He gave us Kaylie Joy!
~God also provided another source of income by bringing a babysitting job to my door.

As I type this, "My Jesus Knows Just What I Need" is running through my mind. He's so faithful!

May you be reminded along with me this week of HIS CARING!

2 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go with looking at all the positives. The good thing is that you will have spells (however infrequent they may be) when it's not like this. When I get discouraged by how late John is working right now, it makes me look forward to the next conference/vacation, the next "slow time" (which used to be summer, but doesn't seem to exist anymore), or the next weekend even. Even while taking one day at a time, the knowledge that every day won't be like the longest days is a blessing. Even when it doesn't seem like you see each other very often, you are being a huge help to your husband's load when you remain cheerful and don't spoil the precious time he is home by complaininng. Saying this because I've done my fair share of griping. Now you have inspired me for my next post!

 
At 1/11/2007 2:25 PM, Blogger Momof3 said...

Thanks, Elaine! I thought of another plus last night--I have more time created for quiet time once Kaylie's in bed....can't ask for anything better than that, since it always seems to get interrupted any other time!
~Lez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home