Monday, December 18

Our Life and Health

Vernon is officially done with his fifth semester, finals and all! PRAISE THE LORD!!! 5 down, 3 to go, for pre-med schooling.....then after that, Lord willing, 8 more for med school!

In other news, Kaylie is still sick. She's now on a prescribed cough syrup, and as a result of mother's instinct taking her in to the doctor yesterday, she is also on an antibiotic for fluid in her left ear. So now we have two medicines to force on her. She hates the taste of both meds., so I'm using any way I can think of to get the medicine in her. Any of you moms have tips on how to give a baby medicine effectively?

I have been keeping watch on my left leg, which had an abscess that had to be drained, and was on meds. for that. We thought it was better. The doctor I did my follow-up with said this morning via phone that he wants to do another 10-day round of that same antibiotic to make sure we've killed the mess after I told him how it looked and had another spot I was slightly worried about. Then he'll see me after this round is finished. So hopefully this time it will go away for good!

My praise items for the day:

~Kaylie's ear was diagnosed and is being treated before it got fully infected, meaning our fussy baby should be better till we're around family and all for the holidays.
~Vernon felt well enough to go to work today, after a horrific headache last night that sent him home from work early;
~God spared him the effects of nausea while driving home from work.....he was home in the bathroom before it hit.
~My leg hasn't gotten worse, like having to have the entire leg removed or something.
~We're thankful for doctors who can diagnose and treat whatever the problem may be.
~Wonderful walking weather outside, even though it's December 19!
~God's goodness to us, in providing for our needs ALWAYS, even when we gripe and complain because life seems 'unfair' at the moment--so full of unjustices because of sickness, lack of money, etc.
~Friends who encourage and lend listening ears!

There are more, but I'll stop with those for now.
Have a blessed day!

1 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you have all been sick! I hope you all feel wonderful soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home