Wednesday, December 13

Needing Motivation...

What is it about having a sick child that causes lack of motivation for the mom? Or don't the rest of you feel this way? I tend to feel miserable along with my daughter, and have to fight to get things done around here, seemingly more now than usual. Maybe it's because my allergies are bothering me, so in a sense, I AM sick right along with Kaylie.
I was thinking a few minutes ago, that with the weather like it is right now, and not venturing outside much in a day's time, I have plenty of time to get stuff done around here, and yet.....I'm lacking motivation! I keep reminding myself, that come January, I will be MUCH busier with a second baby in the house, so get all I can done project-wise, NOW!
Any ideas for motivators?
Til next time, the laundry, dishes, dusty surfaces, dirty bathroom mirror, etc., are calling me....

3 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's life as a mom for sure!

Here's what I do at times to help me get motivated when I am so lacking, I invite someone over for tea or to spend part of the day with me . . . that gets me rolling on cleaning up the house even when I feel like I just can't! Something with my pride I guess, I don't want others to see such a MESS!

It cheers up my heart and theirs (I think) . . .

Anyway if I were there, I'd stop by and have tea with you. I'd love to.

 
At 12/13/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger Momof3 said...

Thanks, Aimee! You're so sweet! I agree--it's amazing how fast you can straighten your house up when you know someone's fixing to show up!
~Lez

 
At 12/16/2006 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Lez. Sorry to hear you and your daughter aren't feeling well. :( That's not fun! That picture in PA was at the Conrad Weiser school auditorium, and the overalls in the last picture are actually a jumper, and no, there's no story; I just enjoy wearing it. :) Amos & Margaret are with Gospel Express, yes, and I actually found out from Margaret the other day that she knows you. Small world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home