Sunday, September 10

Back to School

Well, friends, it's back to school for another semester. I've got some interesting (read: fun, medically applicable) classes, and that makes school so much more enjoyable, or at least bearable. However, I happen to be one of those people who enjoy studying, so school hasn't been but so much of a bear for me. However, I do look forward to finishing this era of my life and moving onward to another level.

As far as classes are concerned, I'm taking several classes that make me feel more like a pre-med person instead of just a biology major. Yes, I like biology, but when there are other goals, I sometimes wonder how much Botany will help me in medicine. But I know it has its uses. I'm just trying to say that I am glad for my current class schedule. I'm taking Cell Biology, Histology, Biochemistry (for Pre-Med, same as regular Biochem except that I don't have the lab), and Introduction to American Government. I actually like my IAG class, my professor doesn't seem to be a far-left liberal, which comes as a great relief. Everything else is going well so far, and I enjoy my classes, teachers, etc. I am also a TA for my former Zoology professor in his current Zoology classes. That's quite fun, and challenging sometimes because I don't always remember what the organism that we're looking for looks like. Makes for some interesting situations, if you don't know how to handle them. Ah well.

I'm still working full-time also, which makes life a little more stressful sometimes. However, it has been easier this semester than last semester was. I pray that it will stay that way.

The Biology club at ASU went to Atlanta the last weekend of August to tour the Bodies Exhibition and the Atlanta Aquarium. Both places were very interesting, and I really enjoyed the experience. I may post some pictures of the aquarium at a future date. We were not allowed to take cameras into the Bodies Exhibit, so I only have memories for myself and a website for you. (Warning: website contains some graphic images that you may or may not wish to view.)

We had a pre-med meeting at school this past Friday. There were several people present from the Medical College of Georgia (MCG), including the director of admissions, several representatives from the admissions committee, and a current medical student. Although I have sat through several meetings of this nature already, it was good to be in attendance again. I heard some things that I have heard every time they have had the meeting, and I heard a thing or two that I didn't know. So it was good to be there.

For those of you who know them, you may be interested to know that Jared Hege and Renae Keller's wedding was Saturday, Sept. 9. They had a really nice wedding, and I was glad to be in attendance.

We'll try to keep y'all posted on any other things of importance or relevance as time goes on. As you can see, we both are quite busy. Y'all pray for us.

2 Comments:

At 9/12/2006 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that y'all are keeping busy, and enjoying(?)life!
About the studying. . .you lost me way back at the beginning of the 2nd paragraph!
Give Kaylie a hug for me! :-) Miss y'all!

 
At 9/26/2006 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I am so looking forward to seeing you in about 2 1/2 weeks. :-) I can hardly believe that it is actually going to happen that I get to see y'all's place and your dear little girl again before I leave.
Since there are only 2 of us I will probably stay with Karen, but I am going to hang out with you also.
You and Karen can work out the details! TTYL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home