Friday, July 21

Busy once again....

How many of you are deep into harvesting your gardens? We've only done up corn and peaches......but we went down and did them with Vern's family, so it took a long day to get that all accomplished. I wanted to do up green beans to add to what's left from last year, but it just didn't suit me to go down and pick them whenever they were ready.....oh well.

Last weekend my cousin Rachel was here from Thursday night, 12:30ish, until Monday afternoon......it was a grand time. I so love having company! Our daughter also enjoyed having someone always available to hold her, with an extra person around. Or so she thought....and basically came true. =]

This weekend two good friends of ours, Gabriel and Janelle Yoder, with their new little one, Ashley, from Floyd, VA, will be staying here while attending Tim Sommers and Phyllis Quackenbos's wedding. We haven't seen them in over a year.......my, how time flies.......

Vern is on his fifth day today of a ten day straight, 12 hour shift stretch.....which means he's gone about 13 1/2 hour days.....I know we both will be glad when this is over and we can sleep in one morning....okay, I'm a mother, I don't get to sleep in......but at least after a feeding I can go back to bed then, right?! I know, I know, you with more than one child are thinking, 'Must be nice! Enjoy it while you can before more children come along!' Believe me, I will. =]

Hope you all have a great weekend!
~Mrs. Doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home