Thursday, March 30

Baby Horst


Here's Baby Horst weighing in at 5 lbs.+! At this rate, with 5 1/2 more weeks to go till my EDD, we're looking at a 7 pounder, my OB doctor says.

I was having a battle with my faith last night, worrying about how we're going to make ends meet the next little while, etc., while remembering our recent blessings and answers to prayers, and trying to leave it all in God's hands. I kept laying it all out before Him, naming each of the things bothering me, and yet I was still having an emotional breakdown about it all. Talking with my comforter of a husband did wonders, though for my spirit.
Then today I had a sonogram to check on Baby's weight and fluid level, etc., and after seeing our baby moving around and letting the tech get this adorable facial picture, I felt my worries fading away, and feeling so in awe of one of God's greatest miracles. Yes, we'll have a greater responsibility once this child makes his/her appearance, but for now, I gaze upon this picture and am better able to keep in focus that God will ALWAYS provide for our needs in HIS timing, will ALWAYS care about what's on our hearts, and He'll help us through EVERY circumstance that comes our way.
"So do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 NIV
~Lez

5 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its easy to let "things" overwhelm you. When Donna needed surgery and would be off work for three months, I couldn't imagine how we could afford that. God has provided for us as He always does. Don't let the devil steal your joy. God sees and hears your concerns and already, He is making plans to meet them...above all that you can ask or even think.
Iain

 
At 3/31/2006 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture! I am so looking forward to the first ultrasound in about eight weeks. Actually, right now I'm just excited about the next appointment when we get to hear the heartbeat again. Isn't that the most amazing sound? John hears it all the time, but he still got a little misty-eyed. It is really funny how he just wants to be a normal dad and not a doctor dad. Although we have access to an ultrasound machine and he could bring it home and do one, he doesn't really want to. Do you think Vern worries more or less than the average dad. After knowing about all the things that could go wrong, it sure gives John a different perspective on things. He even worries about friends who are having home births because he's seen plenty of babies who would have died had they been born at home (including two of our nieces). Just think--if seeing ultrasound pictures are that exciting, how neat is the real thing going to be!!

 
At 3/31/2006 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture! I am so looking forward to meeting (and caring for) this little person on July 1.

~Cheryl

 
At 4/07/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said...

Wow! It's hard to get an ultrasound picture like that! It's all so exciting. God will take care of the details as we cling to Him. He knows your heart and your desire to follow Him. Blessings!

 
At 4/12/2006 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tot" looks so sweet! The count down is on-for us too!! And yes, I know the overwhelming feelings...I'll be praying for you guys. :)
-Janelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home