Wednesday, February 8

Tax Time!

So have you done your taxes yet? I've been working on them for the last couple weeks, gathering information we needed to file, and it was close to a nightmarish experience. After Vern got home from his late day at college Friday, we worked the rest of the evening going through his old account, straightening it out, and putting all the figures in his money program on our computer. Saturday afternoon and the rest of that evening, we worked on our new account, doing the same with the money program, so that come Monday, I could pull out whatever needed yet to finish filing.

Happily on Tuesday, I went to the post office and sent off our information to our accountant. We decided to finish out this year with the lady we both used out of VA last year, and then next year we can find someone down here, that's closer!

PTL for patience, strength and grace the last couple weeks as I worked my brain past frazzled, figuring out how to file Vern's stuff, which included 2 colleges, 3 different jobs in the last year, & livestock that he owns on his dad's farm, which includes advertising, paying out for bull feed, income for milk rent, selling various animals, etc. If you've ever worked on a farm and filed taxes off of it, you're probably understanding what I'm talking about. Needless to say, I am learning more and more all the time about how things "operate" on a farm. I still don't understand everything I'm told about certain procedures though. I'm thankful mine weren't that hard to figure out.

So, back to my original question--have you filed yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home