Friday, January 13

Lately


I've had a few exciting things happen in my life lately. Now, you as a reader may not think of them all as exciting to you, and I'll allow you that personal experience. But I'll also allow you the personal experience of not reading my blog if you wish. This is a land of choice, you know.

:: I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a day in the operating room observing three of my favorite doctors do surgery. These guys really know what they're doing! I was totally impressed with the surgeries. There were two hernia repairs, two laparoscopic gastric bypasses, and an appendectomy.

:: My wife and I went to Virginia last weekend to spend some time with her family before I start back to school. We also got some furniture from Nan, her dad's mother, to bring back home. It's some pretty old furniture in tip-top shape too, and it's built better than the regular furniture of today.

:: Most importantly, I am happy to announce that my wife and I are expecting a child around the beginning of May!! Of course, we're very excited and somewhat apprehensive. She's due right smack-dab in the middle of all my finals. And the day after her due date, Chanticleer is supposed to be in Augusta. My brother's graduation is the following weekend, and my brothers and families from out-of-town are to be here over that time. It seems I will have to practice time management!

If you are interested in learning more about the laparoscopic gastric bypass, there's a link here. Don't check it out if you are weak-stomached. Unless you want to prove to yourself that you can handle gross human anatomy. LOL ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home