Thursday, April 20

Still Here

I was just thinking about how I check certain people's blogs almost every day and when they don't update for several weeks, I start to 'lose interest' for a while, knowing they obviously have a life that just got busier for however long.
Well, here I noticed today that it's been a couple weeks since I updated.......wonder how many times certain people have checked our blog and wondered about us.

Life's been full, as usual. Vern's been busy finishing up projects for school, taking tests, now fixing to prepare for finals, working, etc.

I've been trying to keep up with everything around here, and doctor appointments.
2 1/2 weeks till due date, and I'm just praying I can wait that long. Physically I think I'll live, but as far as the itching on my hands and feet that's associated with swelling and circulation, and now in the last week-numbness in my right hand, esp., sometimes in my left.........I'm wondering if I'll be able to last that long.........A decent night of sleep is something that doesn't happen anymore. It seems I'm constantly getting up to take Benadryl for itching, moving to the couch to try for a more comfortable lie-down, or some other need...........I know this is just another signal that I'm 'at the end', and I'm thanking God that I've had no other problems along the way......but as far as I'm concerned, I'm ready to have this baby!
Though just today I told my doctor I don't want to induce unless I'm going way late. I'd rather see how I do naturally, and then talk induction. Vern is totally in agreement, and hopes I am able to wait until after his finals......

So if you think of us in the next three weeks, pray for our sanity, Vern's focus on finals, my focus on making it through one day at a time, knowing God allows us women to go through these trials for a reason, a safe delivery, whenever it occurs, and above all, that we won't let the stress and business of all that's happening right now take us away from our time with God.
Thank you, God bless you, and Have a great weekend!
~Lez

5 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was starting to wonder... When are Vern's finals. My big finals project of the semester is due in a week. BTW, my major is special education--teaching kids with learning and emotional problems plus a lot of other stuff thrown in. I love it, but it's been wearing me out lately! Anyhoo, hope your last few days (hopefully not weeks) fly by. Have you been exercising a lot to try to bring it on, or too uncomfortable for that? I heard that women who exercise pretty hard while pregnant tend to have their babies a little early. Lately, i've been doing three miles a day and am feeling so grateful to my husband for getting me a treadmill for Christmas one year. So I'll definitely pray for you, hoping you'll do the same for us when the time comes!

 
At 4/20/2006 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I've missed "listening in" on your happenings. Donna and I will be praying for a safe and blessed delivery for you.
Iain

 
At 4/22/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

Praying for you, today - Aimee

 
At 4/28/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said...

Whewee! You're almost there! You can do it!

 
At 4/28/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said...

Whewee! You're almost there! You can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home