Friday, July 28

Migraines

How many of you get migraine headaches? What do you do to get rid of them? I woke up around 3something, realizing my hubby was tossing in the bed, and he had yet another migraine. He doesn't get them often, but whenever he does, it's a migraine. He doesn't seem prone to 'simple' headaches. I, on the other hand, can get headaches quite often, or then again, go for a long stretch and not have any...........it's weird. But I can't claim a migraine. Vern ends up in bed, not able to get up, lights off, no talking. This morning he opted for ibuprofen instead of Goody powder, drinking some and a cool, then later warm washcloth. What other remedies are there that you've used? I've heard caffeine works.......
~Mrs. Doc

1 Comments:

At 7/28/2006 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I deal with migraines quite frequently and I have found that when I have one I use an gel ice pack, wrapped in a hand towel. I roll this up and place it at the base of my skull. There are 2 pressure points that relate to the swelling that causes the headaches. This can quickly ease my discomfort, especially if I catch the headache early on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home