Wednesday, July 26

Celebration!

Today marks two types of celebration for our family. The most significant--Kaylie is three months old today! I used a coupon for Olan Mills and had her pictures taken....and of course, I had to buy some extras....I was figuring I'd retake her pictures somewhere else, or either at home, and that way, I'd have more wallets without the price of extras at the studio. Then I decided while in the studio, that they're already taken, it's just going to be another ordeal to go somewhere else, or wherever and set up to take more......so we'll just ship out some money and pay for these......the coupons they give you from the hospital only give you 11 pictures......that won't go far in our family!

The other celebration is--today Vern is done with his ten days straight! YAY! Unfortunately, tomorrow on his day off, there are a few things we have to do which require his presence.
We received a list not long ago of different categories/places where University Hospital employees get certain % discounts......one of those is our cell phone provider--Verizon Wireless. I figured it up last night and we will now save a few cents over $12/month. We were both thrilled, to say the least! The only thing about it is, you have to present your employee ID to get the discount. So I no longer can pay by phone....he has to go in the store with his ID.

The other thing needing his attention is he needs new work shoes....his others are shot. He's worn these Family Dollar shoes for a year, and they're coming apart....tells you what kinda job he has...

Maybe after these two things are accomplished, we can go walk at the mall.......it was 97 degrees today, so I doubt we'll be enthusiastic about walking outside. I'm determined to work my weight back down though regardless of the heat. Any of you other new moms feel this way?

Y'all have a great weekend!

~Lez

3 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Yeah, 12 more lbs to go!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7/27/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger ampraisingHim said...

Hi Lez, I saw your comment on destinationgloryland's site, "This side of glory", about the dresses. I loved the dresses too, and the custom made are way out of my budget. But, I decided to order their patterns and start sewing on my own. I'm going to start sewing the slips I need, and then work up to a skirt, and eventually a vest.

I found your site and will come back and visit more too. Congratulations on the recent birth of your daughter. I know it must be a good Mennonite name, but I'm reading a book from the library entitled..." A Separate People: An Insider's View of Old Order Mennonite Customs and Traditions" by Isaac R. Horst..this is a very good book.
Have a blessed day!

 
At 7/28/2006 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah she actually birthed a 12 lb. baby, but of course it wasn't good for the baby. I'm not sure what I think of epidurals--if I can possibly do without one I will, but in that case I think I would be grateful for it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home