Saturday, December 9

2007 Is Coming.....

I was checking out a friend's site today, and had a serious guilt attack. She had us on her list of links, and when I thought about how often I like to check her site and anticipate her new posts, partly because she's a new mom, (Know who you are yet?)and how I don't get updated very often, sometimes because I think I'll let Vern update this time. Who are we kidding?! He barely has time to remember his name, much less spend time on the computer telling others about his life. If you want to know about him, you either have to ask his social secretary or call him direct. Emailing him might work.
So I decided, upon the self-inflicted guilt trip that I would update for those of you who are faithful checkers.
Vernon is at the end of his 5th semester in pre-med school. He has one final on Monday and three! on Wednesday. PRAY FOR HIM!!! He'll be out for almost a month then.
Lez is staying busy as wife, mother, cab driver, nurse, friend, etc. I mentioned in my last post about helping a community couple. That is no longer, since they've moved in with someone else and have help provided there. PTL for that answered prayer! I knew come January I wouldn't be able to help them, and even though that wasn't my problem, I still wanted to help them find SOMEONE.
Come January I will be babysitting a two month old. Morgan is 6 months younger than Kaylie. So when Morgan starts Jan. 2, I'll have an 8 month old and a 2 month old.....this will prove interesting, I have no doubt. I told Morgan's mom I would like to have a trial day before we start for good, so I know what I'm getting myself into. Any tips on how to cope with 2 under 1?
Kaylie is 7 months old now; sitting up, crawling, pulling up, two bottom teeth, chattering more and more, quite her own little person. She had a bad cold that kept her coughing for a good month. Last week she was finally cough-free. Except for when she would do it for fun--liking the sound, since she'd done it for so long! And sleeping through the night again! Then Monday night...she was up three times by 2:30AM. All you moms who've spent countless nights getting up with your babies, know the dread you can feel when hearing your baby cry, once again. Lo, and behold, Tuesday morning I realized the reason for the bad night. Kaylie woke up with a runny nose, stopped up head, sneezes galore, etc. I spent a few discouraged hours that morning, trying to improve my outlook on the day and the week ahead with a fussy baby AGAIN. Long story short, she's on Triaminic, a vaporizer in her room, and doing reasonably well, considering. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

We plan to spend Christmas weekend and several days following with the Horst side, and Thursday through Monday with the Yates side. Vern's off that entire week! I can't wait! I live for these school breaks!

Last night we went to a "Walk through Bethlehem" with some friends that a Methodist church put on, and they were basically trying to re-create what it could've been like 2000 years ago. They had scenes starting from when the Angel told Mary she was to have a child, to Joseph and Mary traveling, to what Bethlehem in the middle of the census time could've been like, to the manger scene, amongst other scenes along the way. It was very well put on, and alot of hard work, I'm sure!

May Jesus Be the REAL REASON expressed in YOUR SEASON!

1 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird. This comment thing just got unblocked. Filters are great, but I have yet to figure ours out. I think I might know that person you're talking about--I'm sure she's quite flattered! Have fun with the babysitting and Vern's break.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home