Wednesday, November 15

Our "Jesus Work"

Hello again! WOW! Is it really November 15th already?! Time is flying!
That means that
~Vern's fall semester is almost over;
~the 'holidays' are oh, so close;
~my daughter is already 6 months+;
January is fast approaching---I'm going to start keeping a little girl then....WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!

This morning I was amused while watching my daughter occasionally~she was sitting on the floor in the doorway of the bathroom, playing with my shoestring and a big comb. Those two items kept her occupied for quite some time. That and the corner of the rug if she spotted it. Who needs noise-making toys from Walmart?!

For those of you who keep in contact with us outside this blog, you know that we've been helping a 'community' couple. For the rest of you, I was approached by a young couple in the Food Lion parking lot about a month and a half ago, needing a ride home. Long story short, we've--I've been driving them around town, looking for jobs, etc. Their names are Tony, Telma and Nia Brown.
I've learned alot from all this--
~When you ask God to send you someone to witness to, anything can happen!
~I realized how much I take for granted--a vehicle to run around in, food in my cupboards, family that loves us and wants to help us in our time of need.
~When you feel you are stretched so thin there's no more to go around, God can pour you an extra measure of grace if your heart is still willing to be used of Him.
~Friends are wonderful prayer warriors; all you need to do is ask!

So that's our life right now--school, work, keeping up with a 6 month-old, and learning better how to reach out to those in need.

PLEASE PRAY WITH US ABOUT HOW TO HELP THIS FAMILY:
~for discernment of what to say when and how
~physical strength to keep up with all the demands of daily living
~a Christian attitude when you just don't want to anymore!
~above all, that we'll stay open to God's leading in witnessing.

Have a blessed day!
Lez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home