Wednesday, October 4

God's Goodness

We had some serious financial strains in the last year. I am learning to rely on God more and more 'when the going gets tough', and adjusting my way of thinking/living and learning to live without. Before we were married, I was used to making the money to support myself, and have done that all of my working life, so in a way, it's hard to look at our bank account, and bills, and know that I'm not able to bring in the money needed right now. It is a test of faith, and one I often fail, as I stress and worry over how to make ends meet, and try to give it up to God, and yet I still worry. I get told to get used to it, especially if Vern's going to med school. I am well aware this is true; however, there are times that reminding me of this do not help my outlook on the situation at hand. Sometimes the obvious doesn't need voiced.

Anytime we've had really serious problems, God has always provided in some way, and just recently He provided by financial gifts. Monday we received a card with what someone said was their giving money they had been saving up, and decided we were to be the recipients this time, as a thank you for our friendship and obviously to help us out in our time of need. I read this card, and immediately thanked God for providing for us, once again. That was the fourth financial aid we'd received in a short period of time, and I was in tears, humbled once again at how FAITHFUL God is, and how weak my faith can be at times, in waiting for HIS PROVISION.

THANK YOU, DEAR FATHER, FOR OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!

What has God done for you lately?

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo dude, you can't just have a xanga site for the kicks of it......or maybe you can. but it's rude to visit someone's sight and not leave a comment. It's like walking through their house uninvited and leaving again without their knowledge save for the muddy boots. ;) Tell Lez "hi" from me. Take care,Mim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home