Friday, September 29

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's time for a written update here, I believe. I've been surfing xanga sites lately, finding more friends and family who have sites that I wasn't aware of. Hence my lack of posting for ourselves! It's been more fun to read others' posts!

Vern's schooling is going well--he's had tests to study for when he's home in the evenings. One didn't go so well.....BIG oops. I think today is his last one for at least several more weeks anyway. He is also assisting one of his former professors, in a lab he took last year, answering questions, etc. So he's actually employed at the university where's he's also a student. Kinda funny.....needless to say, we're lovin' a little extra income! PTL!

I (Lez)attended the Ladies' Seminar in Hartwell a couple weekends ago, and enjoyed it very much! I had Kaylie along, of course, and felt like I was in and out of the sessions a lot, so was thankful for written literature to take home and read what I missed when I was out. The social part of the two days were definitely worth going for. It's so refreshing to be around Christian women, singles, wives, young mothers alike! The added plus and major pull of the weekend was getting to stay with my friend Doris Mast, her 4 week old son Kyle, and her MIL Ruth Mast.

This weekend, my parents, paternal grandmother and one of my first cousins, Rachel, who is living with my folks, are coming down for a short visit. Short as in getting here early Saturday afternoon and leaving Monday sometime. Ah, how well I remember when Vern and I would do quick weekends visiting each other when we were dating. We were young then, and childless. It seems to take so much more out of me now, if we have to do such fast traveling. =] Hm....

Til next time, Enjoy your weekend worshipping your LORD!

1 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 10:21 PM, Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said...

Good to read what you're up to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home