Friday, January 5

It's 2007!

I started keeping Morgan Claire Montgomery, age 9 weeks, on Tuesday. Any mothers of twins have advice to share on how to cope with two babies crying at the same time? I never seemed to have much trouble controlling my children before......but I never had an 8 month old and a 2 month old at the same time either.
Today was the hairiest day I've had, of the four this week. As I told Jamie--Morgan's mom--all hell broke loose! It was the worst time I'd had yet trying to work down two inconsolable babies! I was ready to pull my hair out. Funny, how I used to keep 6, 5 and under, and survive......

We started the week on a raw note, and that hasn't helped.
For those of you keeping up, yes, Kaylie is still 'sick' but is getting better I think! She and I both came back from VA with runny noses, the works....mine has progressed to a very SORE throat, runny nose, coughing some.....not a great way to start keeping someone else's child. On top of that, I realized on Monday morning that Kaylie has thrush. SO! Another call to the nurse, and another prescription! She's now had four prescriptions since December 15. I think that's a record for any child under 1!

On another note, Vern starts school on Monday. Your prayers and good wishes are much appreciated as we start another semester. His hours will once again be LONG, and with keeping someone else's child ten hours+/5 days a week, I'm praying for strength only GOD can give. Those of you with spouses in school understand the strain it puts on the wife at times to keep up. But God is good, and will provide what I need, as long as I remember to give it all to HIM!

I'm especially thankful for our computer and internet service right now, because email and reading friends' blogs/xanga sites are what keep me from getting too lonely at times.

GOD be with you all this year!
~Lez

5 Comments:

At 1/05/2007 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God give you an extra measure of strength and grace during this time. There certainly are days when I think I'm going to "loose it" too! I have actually used ear plugs at times because the noise was driving me crazy and I could cope better if I could tone down the volume!

 
At 1/06/2007 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will certainly be in my prayers. Having a sick child can be stressful, even if they're not desparately sick.

 
At 1/07/2007 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow God's enabling grace is there . . . I don't understand it but He cares and watches and whispers encouragement.

And when hubby is gone and the heart is dreadfully lonely . . . He's there too.

Somehow WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! . . . though you may feel stretched to the limit!

Enjoy the thought that God is working in you, through you, and for you!

"The Lord is righteous
in all His ways,
Gracious in all His works.
The Lord is near to all
who call upon Him in truth.
He will fulfill the desire
of all those who fear Him;
He also will hear their
CRY and save them.
THE LORD PRESEVES ALL WHO LOVE HIM!" Psalm 145:17-20a

Take care, Lez, we're praying with you and for you for grace and strength! You are a woman of God!

- Aimee

 
At 1/08/2007 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to send you a reminder today that what you are doing is important! You may think a nine week old baby isn't a mission field, but you never know the impact you will have on her and her mom. I don't know if her mom is a Christian, but you are providing a God-centered environment for a part of her day. Blessings to you today.

 
At 1/09/2007 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been there, Lezlie! One thing that has helped me during those "husband busy" times is counting my blessings. Children to take care of can be hectic and stressful, but interacting with them can be rewarding, fulfilling, and keep you from getting lonely, so try to keep that in mind--it might help! Also remember that HE is FAITHFUL that called you--and He obviously has called you to be a supportive wife and Mom and neighbor. God Bless You real good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home