Saturday, January 13

I Love Saturdays!

I'm learning that Saturdays are a treasured day for me now. Usually Vern has a new work schedule every semester, but miraculously, he's had the same three day schedule since March.....well, this past week, that changed. He still has Saturdays, but the other two days changed. So for us, Saturdays weren't that special, because he still had to work. Kaylie and I just had one more day of the week that Daddy was gone.

Keeping Morgan 5 days a week has changed that. Even though Vern is still gone today, Saturdays are now my 'do everything' day! I did get laundry done one day this week, but it's due again today, along with dishes piling up, food to cook, cleaning to do, errands to run...the list goes on.
What I have found is I cherish this day partly because it's back to just me and my girl. Kaylie and I get to spend the entire day together, and I relish that! Don't get me wrong, I don't resent keeping Morgan during the week, but having time to spend with Kaylie is precious anymore, and so I'm learning to appreciate Saturdays for more than one reason!

Thank God for Saturdays! Without them, we wouldn't appreciate Sundays as much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home