Thursday, September 1

Our Company

Last weekend, we had our first company that stayed all weekend! We've had family members here overnight on two occasions, but this was the first time someone's actually come specifically to see us!
Our friend, Jamin Miller, from VA, was coming to his cousin's wedding down here and brought along his girlfriend, Krista Good, also from South Boston, who happens to be my first and a half cousin! They arrived Thursday night and were here until Saturday evening.
Friday morning found Vern going to school, and since he didn't have his first class that morning, we all got to have a lazy beginning that morning, which was nice since it was ahem, early morning as it was, until we went to bed! Jamin headed down the road to the wedding, and Kris stayed here with me for the day.
Skipping the girlish details of just talking and catching up, and taking a walk to work on our much-needed exercise, we just hung out for the day and enjoyed being in each other's presence! Then Jamin came back and he and Kris hung out while I went to the grocery to get some needed ingredients for enchiladas for supper that night.
Once I was back, I put Jamin to work putting together our water hose holder outside, since Vern and I hadn't gotten to it yet and Jamin was needing something to do, he said.

After that, I pulled out our King's Court game, and taught Jamin and Kris how to play. So that occupied us until Vern got home, and we all played it together after supper, as couples, since it's a two person game. Then just talked until too late again.

Saturday morning found us heading to a Hindu temple, as an assignment Vern had for his Humanities class. We weren't sure if we'd actually observe a service or what..it was more a sit on the floor, as they do, and we were educated on the Hindu beliefs and religion. We were there an hour and to say the least, it was an experience I'll never forget!
We then went to the mall and walked around buying nothing, believe it or not!, and then headed to O'Charley's (one of my FAVORITE restaurants) for lunch, having a way too big meal!
Then we took them to the Augusta Riverwalk, which is spectacular. Vern and I've only been there several times, and so this was nice to get to just take time to walk around, enjoying God's beauty, while not enjoying the heat! Vern got to video a squirrel up close and personal, munching bread thrown to him, and also a group of mallard ducks, and then toward the end of that, a female duck bringing her albino boyfriend up to the group, quacking away like I've never seen before!

We then came home, and Jam and Kris packed up and left about 5 that evening. Vern and I went down for much-needed naps, and Vern stayed in bed until the next morning! I decided he was lacking sleep enough I would just let him go until he woke up....well, that never happened..he said the next morning that he DEFINITELY felt more rested.....

So all in all--we had a wonderful weekend with our friends! Thanks, Jamin and Krista, for all the memories we made!
And I must confess, my husband told me after reading my post last night, that I am indeed Truthseeker's daughter, due to my long post.....well, this one happened to be similar in length. Sorry about that! I like details! Though I will try not to overdo it.
Enjoy the day God has given you today!

2 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed our time down there! What a privilege to be your first overnight guest!=)Keep up the writing. I like to keep up with what's going on your lives. Love y'all! Kris

 
At 9/02/2005 5:50 PM, Blogger Truthseeker said...

Like I told Paul, chips do not fall far from the tree. I love it that you can get them details into your post!

Keep it up, we want to hear all that is happenin' with you and Vern, school, home and church; what you are thinking and all your dreams. If you haven't done so, start visiting the other blogs, some good readin' out there. Love ya, Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home