Monday, July 18

Worshipping Before God

Fighting Perversion... has an excellent post here. I'm not quite sure if I can let go enough to break out into dancing during church, but nonetheless I am struck with what he has to share. This comment really hit home.

"Are you giving 100% of your voice to God? Are you acknowledging his greatness with 100% of your being? The answer is probably "no." I've yet to ever be that way. Too often, I'm thinking about how off the pew-force is. Or maybe, I'm thinking about how fun the bass line is to sing."

Yup, singing is fun. Singing bass is fun. But it should not become such fun that we allow ourselves to focus on the beauty of a certain part or parts and detract from the words.

After all, that's what the words are for.

Thanks, Matthew. And thank You, Lord, for the reminder.

1 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Matthew Simcox said...

Thanks for reading my blog. And I'm glad to see that you got a little something from a recent post. I pray that God can restore true worship to our hearts when we lose it...to restore that newlywed feel when we drop into routine. Thanks for the link to my site. Please continue to go to satiresite.blogspot.com as new articles will show up in about a week (I have the bar exam starting next tuesday).

I appreciate your blog as well, and I check in on it every couple days or so. Keep it up, and if nothing else, maybe we can keep each other energized in the Lord by bouncing these ideas off of each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home