Monday, August 8

Family

I'm so thankful for my family! One of my second cousins got married on Saturday, and both of my out-of-state brothers brought their families in for the wedding. It was really cool. My oldest brother called me Wednesday evening and asked if we could come down Thursday evening for ice cream. He didn't tell me why, and I immediately became suspicious. I figured one or both brothers were coming down, so I called my next older brother, CaH, (No, that is not the calcium hydride ion either.;}) on the way to work Thursday morning. He told me he was really busy, so I figured it was WH. Sure enough, I called CoH to see when we should be there, and his wife told me that it was WH. They surprised Dad and Mother really well that night. They had flown in to Charlotte, N.C., and my sister VaH went to get them. Since she doesn't live at home anymore, it wasn't a problem for her to do that.

We got to the wedding Saturday morning, and Lez immediately noticed someone walking up the church stairs. She's like,"Hey, that's Ca-----'s!", and I'm like, there's no way. But sure enough, they had driven down Friday, got in around midnight, and surprised everyone except WH. CaH had let him know so that someone would know about his plans. So it was really cool to see them again.

Friday, we had a TERRIBLE thunderstorm. It knocked our telephone out for the weekend. That was really frustrating because we could neither talk on the phone nor check email, nor post on my blog, or nothin'! And that makes life seem strange when you don't have the means of connection that you are accustomed to. But that's ok.

(So that, Truthseeker, is why I haven't updated lately. I've been gone every evening since Thursday evening. And I'm putting family first.)

1 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 12:20 AM, Blogger Truthseeker said...

Well I am sorry to hear that the phone was dead; what did Lez do all that time without it? Good to hear that you have sayed busy and productive and I am enjoying your new posts.{:^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home