Friday, July 22

We Are So Blessed!!

I wanted to post these exciting events of Wednesday earlier. But since I didn’t have a good opportunity to get here, I’ll have to put this in today. This is really cool!


First of all, my wife is now an official Georgia resident! We went and got her GA driver’s license yesterday morning, then went down to the commissioner’s office to get GA tags for her car. That afternoon was my appointment with my orthopaedic doctor, and he gave me clearance to return to full duty! That was a major cause for celebration! He said that I should wait about 2 weeks before I start throwing yet, because it takes about 6 weeks to heal. He told me that I can go ahead and start working on strengthening it though. (I could use that! {:^])

That evening, we went to look at a clothes dryer that we had seen advertised. Of course, we didn't have any idea of what to expect when we would meet the people who owned the dryer. It turns out that they are Presbyterian Christians, she's a nurse, and he's a PA. Really nice people. They decided to give us the dryer for free!! That's not why I call them really nice people though. He works at MCG and is associated with one of the campus Christian groups there. He invited me/us to be a part of that, because he found out that I'm in pre-med. I learned alot from just talking to him: you don't have to be loud and charasmatic for people to know that you know God. He's among the quieter type, as opposed to me, the more talkative type. However, he was not ashamed to ask us if we were Christians, and if we believed in salvation by faith in Christ. Now that's a question that you don't hear very often! But it was good for me, because it reminded me that it is not enough for people to claim to be Christians. There's only one way to heaven, and if you don't believe that, you're not a Christian. Period. And you're not going to heaven. Simple, that.

Yesterday, we were busy (part of the day) helping Naomi do peaches. Okay, so half of them were ours too. After we got done with that, we went to pick up the afore-mentioned dryer. On our way home, we stopped at a gas station to pick up an I Wanta paper. I heard someone mention that, on Belair Road in Augusta, gas was $1.719 per gallon. I asked where it was, and I was directed to the place. I had my dad's pickup, and it needed filled up, so I went over there. The customer that informed me of the location told me that he had waited in line for 45 minutes before he could fill up!! We only had to wait about 10 minutes. We got 27.341 gallons for $47. Contrast that with the regular(?!?! current, maybe) price of $2.109, and that makes $57.66. We saved $10.66!! They had people out there directing traffic in the stations. Situation? One of the gas stations had just opened up, and that station and the one across the road was waging a "gas war." Don't believe me? Read about it here. They also had a sale inside, a 12-pack of 12-oz. cans of Coca-Cola products, five for $10, limit 5 packs. So of course, everyone was stocking up on that too.

Update: I stopped by there this afternoon, and it's up to $1.799. Better get here in a hurry, if you want it!!

Today, I went to University Hospital for my new employee assessment. I'm done with that now, and everything is in line for me to start work on Monday!! It's been great to be home and help Lez with everything here, but I'm ready to, as my HR consultant put it, "do something productive."

Got a softball game to go to tonight. I can't play yet, but I can watch. Or coach. Or ump. Or just ratchet-jaw and make everyone mad.

Update: It seems that they are putting prices at$1.799 during the day, then dropping them back down to $1.719 at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home