Wednesday, August 31

Our New Life

Hello Everyone! This is Lez, posting for my husband, in his absence. He's been after me to post something for him, for us, and I haven't gotten up the courage to do so until now. I thought I'd surprise him with something new to read when he gets home!

I know we get teased about our infrequent posts...here's my thought to you on that--if you had a husband gone as much as mine is, you'd understand!
Maybe I'll start posting more; then you'll be kept in the know about our life, how's that?

Vern is in his second week of his sophomore year at ASU, and is enjoying being back in school again, though has already become easily overwhelmed at his workload and especially Biology Lab. His days pretty much consist of leaving here by either 7:15 or 7:45 AM, depending on the morning, having his day of school, trying to find time to study if he has any space between classes; going straight from school to work, eating lunch along the way, and then working until 10 PM, M-T, and until 8 on Fridays, generally. He is able to study there at UH after suppers sometimes, when he isn't needed to walk patients as late, though he seems to get called right at clock out time to go pick someone up from xray, or whatever the case may be then. So yes, we both have long days.

If you're wondering what I do with my days (and nights), I've not lacked things to do so far! Getting everything straightened around here, thank you notes written, pictures reprinted and handed out, the office put into order, just keeping order around our house, and running around here and there with the many errands and what-have-you that crops up more often than wished for sometimes,(especially. with gas prices on the rise again) I stay busy! Yes, my evenings get long, and I get bored quickly at times, come 9 o'clock and after, when I know Vern will be home within an hour and some, and everything I'm doing is getting old. But I have friends to talk to on the phone, emails to read and reply to, always a kitchen to clean up laundry to be done and house to straighten, it seems (and there's just two of us living here!), blogs to read, (and create now!) so I can keep busy.....but I do get lonely. I have to remember that God got us this far and has a reason for everything being like it is right now and will get us through whatever we encounter! I do go to the hospital about once a week and take Vern's supper to him, meaning I get to eat with him that time. Usually I pack his lunch and supper and send it all with him in the mornings. I went with him to classes at ASU some last year, though haven't this year yet. He needs to get used to his schedule first, and get his teachers' approval before I go along. But I'm sure at some point, I'll attend a day or so here or there with him. It's actually quite fun observing a class in session and watching the many different types of people respond to the teacher who can be very interesting too, depending on who he is--Vern's had some unusual professors, I must say.

As far as time that we do get together--we really cherish our weekends, to be sure! Our Saturdays are definitely our sleeping-in day, and catch up whatever he needs to on schoolwork and whatever errands he has to do himself that didn't get done during the week, and sometimes entertaining company! I'll post later on the last bout of company we had....and Sundays traveling to and from church, have become so precious, giving us 30 minutes to talk uninterrupted and with no way of escape for Vern if I go off on some tangent! Sorry Honey! =] It's usually tit for tat, I must say. That's usually our catch up time for whatever we forgot to tell each other during the week in our short time together.

So yeah, we covet your prayers for all we're dealing with right now. There are a lot of uncertainties ahead in the near future and we are just taking one day at a time and asking God to remind us daily of His presence and to give us His patience and grace for whatever that day holds!

2 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Lez!! GREAT to hear from you again! I'll definitely be praying for y'all.
Susan

 
At 9/02/2005 5:40 PM, Blogger Truthseeker said...

Hello daughter, good to see you on the blog! Figured that you might take up this little job for your hubby! I think that it may just help you keep up with your many friends and keep them informed as to the life you two are sharing, and burn some daylight until hubby comes home; plus it will help you save gas by staying home! {:^)

Looking forward to your posts. Gonna read #2 now. Love ya both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home