Wednesday, April 20

Inspirational

I meant to post this the other day and never had time for it. So now, I'm taking the time to make a post. Or two.

Harvest Crusades with Greg Laurie is here in Augusta, at the Augusta/Richmond County Civic Center, from Sunday, April 17, to tonight, April 20. I'm too busy to go, but I wish I could. Monday, I was going up the steps to the second floor of Allgood Hall, and at the top of the steps I was accosted by another presumed student. He was different, though; had a Bible in his hand. He said his name is Dean, and started telling me about the Crusade and invited me to come out. I explained to him that I wanted to come but my class schedule prevented me. I also said that I wanted to be there Sunday evening, but my quartet was singing at my church that evening. He then made a comment about preaching to the choir. :) We talked for awhile, he asked me my major (Biology) and said he is a history major. I enjoyed talking to this scruffy bearded fellow (he probably hadn't shaved in a week), and it was borderline to a strange experience when he said,"God bless you, man," and I said,"God bless you too!" It was really encouraging to talk about Christianity at a secular college.

I then went into my little corner room and started studying. It was sorta hard to concentrate, so I just sat and watched a little bit. Turns out that all four young people there (Dean plus another guy and two girls) were handing out fliers and inviting people to come to the crusade. I saw the
Other Guy talking to An Agnostic who was knocking Christianity, and even though I couldn't hear OG, I could tell by the comments of AA that he was defending his faith well. Also saw Dean talking to the chair of the math department.

I heard later on the local Christian radio station that the church in California, where Pastor Laurie is from, had sent 30-40 youth in, specifically to invite people to the crusade. And they were at ASU that day.

Like a breath of fresh air. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home