Thursday, April 7

Grasping for Straws

I was busy yesterday. We were cutting silage all afternoon. We started around 12 bells, and I don't think they finished until around 8:00. At precisely 6:05, I remembered that I had agreed to be in charge for prayer meeting. At 7:30. This meant that I had to get something ready for devotions, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to decide what to talk about. I had earlier thought about talking on dinosaurs, but decided to talk about Genesis 1 instead. Yes, the Creation story. I believe it is a fundamental part of Christianity. I felt very discumbobulated in my speech, but then, what could I expect from 25 minutes of study??

I can only rest in the fact that it was not intentional, and I wasn't just goofing off instead of studying. That would have been inexcusable.

3 Comments:

At 4/07/2005 5:55 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

What are y'all chopping? We won't be chopping rye until the end of the month or beginning of May.

 
At 4/07/2005 8:35 PM, Blogger Momof3 said...

Oats-ryegrass. The one field that we were cutting was really thick, and nearly waist high. It was still in the boot stage too. Should be really good quality silage.

 
At 4/16/2005 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I enjoyed very much your comments on Creation, and why we need to know what we believe. You did good.
Deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home