Monday, April 4

From Way Back

I promised you, worthy reader, that I would publish my thoughts concerning the Gladys Youth Rally the other week. Ah, yes. Let's see, the, the Gladys ( his lawyer hisses,"quit stalling, just say something!!" "Yes, Sir!!) Gladys Youth Rally! He feels invigorated, sorta like Tom Sawyer painting the fence after Aunt Polly's slipper has reminded his hind end of his task.

I really enjoyed the weekend. Friday evening, we played volleyball for a long while, and I had fun hanging out with people I knew (and those I didn't know.) It was really great to see and hang out with my fiancee again. And don't forget the one who invited us: Darin. It's always refreshing to talk to him, to play volleyball with him, to just be around him. I mean, the guy just exudes godliness.

We went back over to South Boston Friday evening. I forget what we did Saturday morning. In the afternoon, we went back over to Lynchburg for the afternoon session. I had meant to take extra clothes along to play v-ball in, but I forgot. So I played about two games in khakis, then we went home to set up the fellowship hall where we are having our reception so that we would have an idea of how we would set it up later. I really enjoyed the weekend. It's always refreshing to listen to the Word being preached, and to make new friends and be with your good friends. Something about certain people, they invigorate you.

Which makes me ask myself the question, Do I invigorate others?

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2005 7:02 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

Vernon, you make me blush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home