Tuesday, April 5

Talkin' Turkey

I shamefully forgot to mention an event that transpired yesterday. I was down here in my room, on my computer, when I heard this strange sound. My initial thought was,"Man, that's one sick tree-peeper." But then I heard it again, about five minutes later. The sound was coming from right outside one of the basement windows. That's why I thought it was a tree-peeper; we often have them in the window wells in the springtime. But the second time, I recognized the sound about a minute after I heard it. It was a turkey!! I raced upstairs to peek out the window, but I didn't see anything. I thought about getting a gun, but decided to get my camera and take a picture if I could. I came back downstairs, got my camera, and crept out the back door. I didn't get to see him at all, but I know it was a turkey. I only wish I could have seen him for real.

Here's a good picture of one.

1 Comments:

At 4/05/2005 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melon, I was visiting your page this evening I came across this post and thought I would post a comment. You have some of the best Turkey population in the States out your back door. I pulled 1 Turkey from your farm many years back and many more from Di-Lane, across the creek. It is an awesome thing to call in and see the "Tom" strut. I have a spot here in Iowa that is jam-packed full of Turkeys and my season starts Monday and goes 4 whole days. Chirp-Chirp-Chirp Enjoy your break and say hi to all. God Bless.

TommyD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home