Friday, March 4

More On Studying

If you've kept up with me at all this semester, you've perhaps noticed that I tend to comment on my study habits almost every time I take a test. Ok, let's say take a test and do terrible on it. So here I am, once again discoursing about my studying habits. Forgive me for boring you.

First of all, I've learned (I think) that I need to drastically change my studying habits. Maybe I should say that I need to learn how to study. See, in my former years of schooling, I rarely had to study to make an A on a test. (Except in Social Studies. I won't go there.) I could read over the material and be ready to take a test. I never understood why all the other people would study like crazy when they could easily get an A without studying/cramming like they did. It puzzled me. Because of that, I have real trouble studying properly for tests. Chemistry especially. It's a mixture of concepts and ideas that have not and cannot be proven. And I'm supposed to know this stuff?!?! Ok, so it's not all like that. But there are some things that cannot be proven one way or the other and those things are difficult to study for.

My former study habits (or the lack thereof) have been exceedingly detrimental to my current studying. I'm used to reading over the material once and then acing the test, but that is a thing of the past. Now I have to really study this stuff as we progress throughout the material, and keep studying until I take the test.

Or else I'll keep making D's.

Barf. Choke. Gasp.

1 Comments:

At 3/07/2005 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you come up with a solution, do tell.

I've come face to face with this very dilemma! And I have a sociology test tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home