Wednesday, February 23

After the Storm, The Sky

I didn't take the time yesterday to expound on the wonders that my God has wrought. For those who don't live in this area, it hailed like fury here in Augusta Monday night. I don't live here and I didn't experience it, but I heard others telling about it. It rained really hard at my house, but I don't think we got any hail. But I digress.

I walked out of the Science Building after my 10:00-11:15 Biology class and couldn't believe it. Earlier, as I had been walking from my English class in another building up to the Science Building, the day had seemed sorta drab. The sky was still gray, etc. But it had all changed. The sky was as deep blue as I had ever seen it. The air actually smelled clean, and this is in Augusta. (I know, there are perhaps those who think Augusta is small in comparison to where you live. Deal with it.) The sun was shining brightly, the lawn had been "cleaned" by the rushing rainwaters, and the deep green of the live oaks was oh-so-gorgeous. The wet sidewalks added to the beauty of it all, as if their sole intent was to remind us of what had been only 12 hours earlier.

It was so awesome.

That's God!!!

5 Comments:

At 2/23/2005 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey vernon, usually smells okay in augusta, it’s down in central ga. around the diary farms that things get smelly! *LOL*

 
At 2/24/2005 6:23 PM, Blogger Truthseeker said...

Vernon, when I did photography I looked forward to a storm and hoped to have sunlight soon after for angled light and contrast. The wet world usually had a denser color saturation and the light was fantastic. I think we are better when we go through a storm with Jesus in our life, it teaches us more about God and His love for us. Jesus is like the sunlight, He was there in the storm with us just like the sun was there with the storm clouds (albeit above them) during the storm. And we are better for it just like the scenes I took pictures of with the after storm light. Hope all this makes sense. Enjoy your postings, keep the faith, Truthseeker.

 
At 2/26/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

Oh, haha. "Who you are spending your weekend with." Haha.

Okay, so you don't spend every weekend with Lez. Hard thing isn't it?

 
At 2/28/2005 8:13 AM, Blogger Truthseeker said...

Paul you were just down the road and around the corner when you were dating/courting. It wasn't the same as with Vernon and Lez, so lighten up! Other than when Naomi was at Bible school you were with her most every weekend. And what did you do after she spent a few weeks at Bible school and went on tour.......yeah! Could not stand it, huh! I remember.

 
At 2/28/2005 9:09 AM, Blogger Momof3 said...

Thank you Truthseeker. I have the best kind of lawyer in you. I rest my case...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home