Wednesday, February 16

Change

I was asked about my change in test-taking skills. So instead of writing a long comment, I decided to make it a separate post.

Studying, tests, and school in general have been a proverbial breeze to me. I rarely studied for tests, definitely didn't stress about them, didn't check over my answers after I was done with a test, and still made A's most of the time. But since I started college, I've started studying for tests more and spending more time doing homework etc. This as the obvious result of my understanding that (got that part?:)) my future career in medicine depends heavily on my GPA.

I have decided that checking my work at the end of an exam isn't such a bad idea after all. Especially during the times that I'm unsure of my answer(s), when I go back over the questions, it seems that, sometimes, I sense God reminding me of what the answer is. Now, some may say that is just my memory kicking in. However, I know that some of this stuff is definitely God helping me to remember things that we went over in class and I just can't remember studying later. For example, on my final Biology exam last semester, I went back over the exam feeling quite "down" because I couldn't remember the material and had guessed on several of the problems. But when I went back over it, I could definitely feel an urge to change my answer to another answer, the right answer. It was like I could remember writing it in my notes! The same thing happened during my English exam yesterday. I couldn't remember several of the answers to the questions. But when I sat there thinking about and praying about it, several of them came back to me. Now, it wasn't all of them, and it wasn't immediate; but a few came back to me.

It's just one of those God things where He makes it look so easy and reminds you thatHe is in control of everything. Including your memory.

Yep, I'm looking back over the test from now on.

2 Comments:

At 2/16/2005 5:41 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

Sounds like your study habits were shockingly similar to mine.

 
At 2/16/2005 7:17 PM, Blogger Truthseeker said...

God gives and we use. If we do our part he does his, for he is faithful. The gift to learn is strong in you, use the gift wisely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home