Friday, February 4

Chemically Speaking...

I'm starting to really enjoy my chemistry class. My teacher, Dr. Z., has so much more energy than my Chem I prof. did. Which makes me think that if he were growing up in this generation, he probably wouldn't stand a chance. He would be too smart in school, he would be making better grades than the other kids (and making a nuisance of himself because the rest of the class would be so slow), and the teachers would require that he be put on Ridalin "for his hyperactivity."

Right. I've heard comments that the effects of Ridalin is not much different than cocaine. Kids turn to that when they get older and with the city kids and all. All for the sake of their incompetent teachers... But I digress.

Dr. Z. tells us that studies have shown that when we talk about what we are learning, we learn it better. So, in class today, we had a group discussion. Within our small assigned groups, we talked about chemical reactions, what makes them occur, and why they occur the way they do.

Quite interesting, when you get to the molecular level.

Which makes me happy that Dr. Z. escaped the R drug. Class would be such a bore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home