Monday, January 24

The Limit of Continuity

I love calculus. It's easier than pre-calculus.

My Calc prof is Oriental (Japanese, I think.) Although I was advised by friends who had her last semester to not take her, she was the only one that fit my schedule. My pre-cal prof told me that she was the best mathmatician, and that if I needed any help, he would be glad to help me. So I sit in class Monday-Thursday, feeling like a zombie because it is a 1:00-1:50 class and right after I eat lunch...

But Dr. Wang is good. She takes everything really slow because she tries to make sure we can understand her with her thick accent. But Thursday, I was really struggling with a problem in limits. So today, I took a deep breath and stopped by her office to see if she could help me.

It seemed so easy. If I would have only factored an "x" out of the numerator instead of rying to rationalize it, I would have been done in no time. But I tried to rationalize.

How irrational. . .

2 Comments:

At 1/24/2005 8:51 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

Augh! That cuts deep, real deep. I finding I don't remember enough about Calculus to even render it possible to drum up an inteligent conversation about the matter. Unless, of course, my audience was totally naive about Calculus, then I could be quite knowledgeable :-)

The older one gets the ageing rate increases respectively. Nasty hyperbolas.

 
At 2/01/2005 7:06 PM, Blogger Byran said...

"The older one gets the ageing rate increases respectively. Nasty hyperbolas."

That's funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home