Thursday, January 13

Of Singing and Music and Such

Ah, how I love to sing! (Pardon me if you think I am being boastful, I'll try to veer away from the monster any time I see it starting to come into view.) I've loved singing all of my life, yet have never gotten enough of it. Unless you count the time when our youth chorus was singing in the subways of the Big Apple for about 5 hours (no lie!), the the voice is pretty much worn out. But since I've taken on my college career, I have been forced to give up my chorus activities. My evenings were just too full. Not necessarily my evenings, but when you count in studying and talking to my girlfriend (YES!!!) and all.....

But back in November I was asked to sing in a men's quartet at a group of church meetings in Hartwell, GA. I had always wanted to sing in a quartet, but had never been able to motivate 3 other people enough to get it going. But since that date, we decided to give the quartet a run for it. Now, I realize that 2 months may not be enough time to decide whether one likes something or not, but I've enjoyed it so far. Honestly. And I'm looking forward to many happy years (I hope) of singing together.

One problem. We are looking for music. Oh yes, we have some, but we could never have too much. Because we need to weed out the songs we don't like, etc., etc.

So if any of you have any songs that you would like to suggest, feel free to do so.

Seriously.

Serious suggestions only, by the way.

p.s. In case you are wondering, I'm still working on my profile. Just gotta find time for it. Probably this weekend.

3 Comments:

At 1/13/2005 5:49 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

This is great. I've made a few changes from the original on my site. The comments are powered by Haloscan. And I've done some editing of the code for the blogskin. Yes, and my sitemeter (sitemeter.com) I like my site meter.

On less a less technical level: Thanks for calling this afternoon. If you felt I was rude please forgive. For some reason I was drawing a blank at what to talk about, then as soon as we hung up, a bunch of things popped into mind. Ah well, we will be human..

Sigh

 
At 1/16/2005 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, what kind of stuff are you looking for? I might have some stuff (quartets are my passion, I love finding out about new ones, tell us more) but I'd like to have more of an idea of your style, what exactly you're after.

You got an email link on here somewhere? I'll look.

Tom

 
At 1/17/2005 10:11 AM, Blogger Momof3 said...

Yeah Tom, we're not totally sure what we are completely. We like Negro Spirituals, arrangements of old hymns, Have tried arrangements of Wayne Hooper, a few Back to the Bible quartet songs, and a few that we have written or arranged. I'm trying to find time to write a few... Thanks,

Vernon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home