Tuesday, February 1

Settling the Score

Ah, the sweet taste of a score settled. What bliss, what satisfaction, when we know that "the score is settled." I settled a few of my own yesterday.

But not what you're thinkin'.

Nay, friend (or foe, that works too), I speak of music scores. And test scores.

I didn't get my calculus test back yet, but then, I haven't had class yet either. I don't know if I'll get it back today or not. I feel pretty confident about it, though. That last-minute review paid off. (Just so you know. Cramming is counter-productive to good grades: it produces jumbled phrases and facts in the mind and one becomes exceedingly confused as a result. Review is/can be extremely productive: complete sentences, non-intertwined, are more likely to occur.) I've got a Biology test on Thursday. That should prove interesting, with meiosis, mitosis, genetic recombination, and protozoa the main subjects. All for the love of life.

Now for the music scores. Our practice went well last night, I believe. Aside from my headache, which can really be felt when you hit a bass note (a true bass note) and you feel your whole head vibrate with the resonating tone. That's the only time in my life that I wish I didn't have a clue about proper singing techniques. But once it is there, you can't shake it off. So, I bear the pain and sing to God. We went over some new songs, and listened to a song that I had downloaded off the Internet. Beautiful, powerful!! I hope we can do it justice. . . Only time will tell. I know we can, it is just a matter of if we will.

Such was our first practice as Eternal Revenue.

Now we'll have to see about the mp3. . .

4 Comments:

At 2/01/2005 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What song?! You're starting to take your cues from Darin and By!

Tom

PS www.eternalrevenue.org isn't taken.

 
At 2/01/2005 8:19 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

Oh, haha, Eternal Revenue, haha. I like it. One question: if you give an entire program is it called the Eternal Revenue Service?

 
At 2/02/2005 9:39 AM, Blogger Momof3 said...

Ok Tom, Darin and I are both wondering if being compared to By is a good thing. Maybe we're all an elite (or not-so-elite) group that Tom looks up to (or not).

I'm not kidding myself...

 
At 2/03/2005 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a not-yet elite group of wanna-be Mennonite philosophers and intellectuals!

Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home