Wednesday, November 18

Change of eating habit

How many of you have that desire after having children, to lose that baby fat? I have, after my two.....sadly, for whatever lazy reason, I've added weight back on after Ashleigh turned one. She's now 21 mons., and um, well, yeah.

So! I've tried one week of changing what I was eating, drinking, etc., trying to cut back, ESPECIALLY on my sweet tea intake, and after that week, my girls were sick, things got busy again, and I wimped out.
BUT! After hearing someone tell me they lost 10 lbs. in two weeks, I got inspired to GET at it again.
So today was my first day back at it. I'm not dieting, per se. I'm having a 'change of eating habit'. Why is it we feel like we have really accomplished something by eating better foods, resisting the junk food, etc. Shouldn't this be an easier way of life than to feel like we trumped somebody in a card game?

Here's what I'm doing:
~drinking more water, to flush those toxins out
~eating more raw veggies, fruit, etc. (the good stuff you know you should eat more of)
~cutting back on the portions on my plate
~walking at the church next door

Here's to losing weight and taking better care of my 'temple'!
Who's with me?

4 Comments:

At 11/18/2009 10:28 PM, Anonymous deborah said...

Yep, gonna keep trying.

 
At 11/19/2009 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! I think that it has got to be one of the hardest things to control in our lives, eating the right amount. Kinda like walking in the middle of the road, hard to keep from veering to one side or the other!

 
At 12/08/2009 9:56 PM, Anonymous Sharon Schrock said...

I almost laughed when I read this--no, I am NOT making fun!!! Just I love your "no-diet", but change-of-eating-habit. This is what Troy preaches all the time (he hates "diets")--maybe this comes from being a med-students wife? :-)

I am glad to see you are posting on here again, since I don't do the facebook thing.

On your last posts subject...
did you actually get all that stuff done?
wanna come give me some organization/motivational tips?
:-)

 
At 12/08/2009 10:00 PM, Blogger Lezlie H. said...

Sharon! SOOO glad to hear from you!
About that day's agenda, um...it's been too long ago, to remember if I got it done. I'm a mom, how can I remember that many days back? =]
I knew if I posted it, for others to see, I'd stick at it better.

As far as the 'change of eating habit' thing, I don't think it came from being around Vernon. I have watched my immediate family diets fail, and knew it would probably end up the same result for me as such. Plus, I know if I just try s healthier lifestyle, I'll hopefully not only lose weight, but I'll feel better too!
Hence my decision, and yes, my husband supports it. =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home