Monday, November 10

Car seats & Craigslist

It's time to think about car seats for us--Ashleigh will need one in a couple months when she gets turned around, so I've started checking prices. I decided Ashleigh will take over Kaylie's, which is a convertible car seat, and we'll get Kaylie one of those booster seat kind that will fit her for a long time yet. I had one of these that I let one of my good friends borrow, and finally told them they could keep. I figured we'll just buy a new one, thinking it will last longer than used, the expiration date will be farther away, can go through both girls, etc.
I thought maybe after Christmas, prices would go down, and since I shouldn't need this seat until the end of January/beginning of Feb., I might can find one on sale then.
I started looking on craigslist, anyway, because I'm always checking there for diapers, etc., and am very loyal to that site, and sure enough--found a few options.
RESULTS from that search:
Today I bought a car seat/booster seat for Kaylie off craigslist for $20. It retails for $69.99, was only used twice, according to the owner because his ex 'up and left him'. I wasn't going to touch that one and ask more questions. It was manufactured just last year--Sept. 20, 2007, and doesn't expire until December 2013. Sounded like a great deal to me!
My husband's answer to this wonderful bargain was simply "Sweet." This was via a text message, of course.

So my advice to you if you're searching for Christmas presents, equipment for your children, even odd things you'd never think to ask someone else for--look on craigslist. If you're not familiar with this site, just click on the link above, find your city/state on the right side of the page, and see what's in your area!
I've posted weird things, just curious to see if anyone was getting rid of them, and found them at a great price! Alot of times people will lower their prices after you contact them directly. That's been a great saver for me. Yes, I've had a few 'bad sales', that weren't as nice as I wanted them to be, but over all, 99% of my selling/buying experiences on there have been well worth it!

Kudos to craigslist!

2 Comments:

At 12/24/2008 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!

 
At 1/23/2009 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so smart.!! Excited to see that car seat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home