Friday, September 19

Med School Update

Wow, I think it's been years since I was last on here! So for my wide fan base out there (yes, all 1 of you, thanks for raising your hand,) Here's a sketchy update since you last heard from me.

  1. Yes, I'm in medical school! We just finished our (gasp!) 6th week already, I've taken a few tests and am still here, and it really feels good to be here. (I'm actually posting from the library at school, my new favorite studying place.) Yes, it's some hard-core studying and learning going on, and I'm enjoying it, for the most part.
  2. I get my White Coat tomorrow at our White Coat Ceremony! I'm really looking forward to that.
  3. I get to start seeing patients in the clinics the beginning of October. We've had several weeks of practicing interviewing each other and standardized patients, now we're getting ready to start interviewing real patients. No, this doesn't mean that I'm doing physicals or anything, just taking the patient's history of present illness(HPI), family history (FH), social history (SH), and review of systems (ROS).
  4. In connection with #3, no, I won't disclose information about any of my patients that could allow you or anyone else to figure out that your/their best friend/worst enemy or anyone in between has been to see me, so don't even ask! (Not like you would, my fan base of one.)
  5. I'm still pondering whether or not to try to chronicle my journey through MCG in some form, such as here, or a local newspaper, or what. We'll see.

That's about it for now. Y'all (okay, lovely reader, YOU) be good, hear?

1 Comments:

At 11/04/2008 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post brought back memories from several years ago. First year and third year were definitely the more difficult years for me. Hang in there and God bless! Jamin Yoder www.xanga.com/pcdoc09

 

Post a Comment

<< Home