Friday, November 2

Weekend to Remember

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!
Next weekend--November 9-11--Vernon and I get to take in the "Weekend to Remember" marriage conference here in Augusta, put on by Family Life--Dennis and Barbara Rainey. I'm not sure which speakers will actually be at our conference, since I'm told there are many, but I'm excited! We've never been to one, and lest you wonder, no, we're not going because we have marriage problems or because we fell into a vat of money. We're going because it's a weekend of refreshing what we have in our marriage, and because it's a weekend we can plan ahead that we know we can't change last minute, just because, without losing money! So essentially, a planned date weekend. We're leaving Kaylie behind with friends for the entire time--Friday evening thru Sunday afternoon--which will prove to be interesting, I think. I've never left Kaylie overnight before, but since babytime is drawing closer, she'll have to get used to someone else for during that time anyway, because I'm in the hospital 2 nights over delivery, and she'll have to be with someone then.
Anyway, if any of you are interested in knowing more about this conference and if they're in your area, go to http://www.familylifetoday.org/.

I can't wait for a weekend alone with my hubby! Those of you with husbands in school or a seriously committed schedule, know how precious and valuable time with your hubby can be, even when children are around. Put it this way--I'm learning to just enjoy his being around, without trying to put too much planning into that time frame. I'm realizing more and more how some things are just little petty things that bother me, and when looking at the scope of things--when I could spend the few minutes I have with him, discussing something much more profitable, and meaningful to both of us, why even bring up the little things? Know what I mean? I'd rather just enjoy our time together.
Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times he'll have to remind me it's past midnight when he gets home, and that is not the time to start telling him about my day's events at that hour. =] I've learned I can call him about 10 oclock PM, when his workload is not much at that hour, and we can talk then for a little bit, if possible.

Yesterday he was around in the evening and helped me here in the house, (and kept Kaylie occupied outside so I could finish supper preparations!)which was the biggest blessing he could give me right now!
How many of you other pregnant moms have to work on motivation to keep you on the housework and cooking?!

On another note--how many of you are going to the Hartwell Meetings?

4 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is the Lord bless you for your commitment and dedication to your husband as you keep walking the road He's called you to!

 
At 11/05/2007 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI the lines in that picture are TAN lines not a burn! =) However it is quickly disappearing. =( Oh well!

 
At 11/06/2007 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yay for you that you can go! I, too, think that those kind of things are even "specialer" with our "type" of husbands... Go and have a wonderful time, and don't worry about Kaylie, I'm sure she'll survive. Great deal on the DSL, you got ahead of me with your posts. Now I have to think about possibly going without DSL next year, since there are spots in the area we're going that you can't even get it... So I'm counting my blessings while I have them!!!

 
At 11/21/2007 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We also we to a WtR conference, although it was an abbreviated conference at a church. We loved it!

Were you at the Hartwell meetings??? Because we were there on Sunday. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home