Tuesday, October 30

Life

Life as we know it, has been moving on, with the weather proving itself in allergy related problems in our house. Kaylie started with something at my mom's before we left, and had it for about a week after we got home, and then it disappeared. Then last week I started with some sinus mess, and it progressed, but I think peaked over the weekend, since I seem to be getting better now. Now Monday morning, Kaylie started back up with being really stopped up, nose running, etc. I know I flare up when the weather changes, and I have seen Kaylie patterning me in allergy flare ups before. Ah, as much as I love this cooler weather, I don't enjoy feeling miserable with it!

We have DSL now! I'm so enjoying the faster connection speed! Now lest you wonder how we justify the price, with Vernon in school, etc., here's our story.
Every time Bellsouth would try to sell us DSL, I always told them that unless they could lower the price to what we were paying for dial-up, I wasn't interested. So far, they've never been able to match the price. Dial-up price had gone up in the last year, but we still had a $10 discount for having unlimited long distance, so that still meant we were only paying $10........
Well, in the course of trying to get ahold of tech support for my dial-up last week, the lady I spoke with to transfer me over, started trying to give me an idea, then stopped, but later got back on and offered a package that was a Grand plan! I was tickled! Not only did it switch out our dial-up for DSL ultra, but it gave us back our caller ID and call waiting (two unimportant features we let go a long time ago, but are sure nice to have!), and we kept our unlimited long distance, all for barely $3 more per month than what we're paying now! What she did was lower our DSL price and lower our long distance price. So.......as long as everything goes according to plan, and no price changes happen after 10 months or something goofy that I wasn't told about......we're good to go! No more late night two hour+ runs for Vernon trying to finish something on here because the computer was acting slow or the speed was not helping matters.
We now have a new computer modem and DSL.......should help, don't ya think?

1 Comments:

At 10/31/2007 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, how special! . . . some folks forget that some of us poor folks are still on dial-up when they post many, many pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home