Wednesday, October 3

Two weeks post op!

For those of you wondering, my time here at Mom's is going well. Mom is progressing well, and I push her to do as much as she can on her own. As my dad said tonight when Mom wanted help moving her one leg over, and I refused, telling her she had to do it on her own, it's called 'tough love'. She is doing a lot already by herself, but of course, there are certain things she can't do, or it takes too much 'up' time to do, more time standing or with her legs down, than she can tolerate.

The church women have been angels, bringing meals in pretty much every other day, which is a TREMENDOUS help to me. I told the deacon's wife Sunday night, I am SO thankful for the schedule made up for meals. I had come up, prepared to do some cooking, but wasn't going to turn away any meals coming in. I haven't had to cook one yet! Between laundry, dishes, Mom, Kaylie, therapy session runs, other errands once in a while, and finding time to rest, that's all I can do right now. I don't have time or energy to stand at the stove, really. Although the last two days, I've actually had some time to rest, and today I made sure I got a nap.

So for those of you praying, thanks so much for caring! Yes, it's really hard being away from Vernon for 2 1/2 weeks, and I will be glad to get home. But for now, I'm needed here, and I know Dad and Mom both really appreciate my help. Kaylie's being here is, as Mom said today, 'a spot of sunshine'. She says their names now--"Mama"(Grandmama) and "Dad-dad"(Granddad). She is doing really well with all these adjustments, and for that, I'm thankful. I realized this evening why she has been cranky some mornings--and other times of day--and I couldn't figure out why she had any reason to be fussy then. She has an eyetooth through the skin already that I hadn't even noticed yet!

Back to Mom~she started therapy today. We see the doctor on Friday, and he will hopefully remove her staples then, and then she can start water therapy, along with gym exercises. This will total 3 sessions a week, plus the CPM knee exercise machine right now that she's using at home.

So please keep praying--for all of us involved here--I felt very overwhelmed the first two days Mom was home, and shed some tears over my exhaustion, but am doing better, and making sure I take some time for myself, whether to sit and read or actually nap.
Pray for Vernon--I know he's lonely, and has made a great sacrifice. He's doing a great job being a bachelor, from what I've heard. So if any of you men feel like you can't make it on your own for 2 1/2 weeks, ask MY MAN...he's doing it and I love him for it!

God's Best to you this week!

1 Comments:

At 10/04/2007 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the update lez, SO GLAD things are going well for you!! I've been wondering how things are, and praying... I keep thinking I need to email you again, my last one to you was kind of a mouthful and I wanted to soften it up a bit (like "a spoonful of sugar?" :-) Anyway, continued blessings to you as you're away from your husband, and I too think it's wonderful that he's released you to help your mom n dad...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home