Saturday, May 28

A New Job (and Possibly Another One)

I started a new job this past week. I am helping put up steel buildings at an area farm. There is a Mennonite crew from Montezuma, GA, working on it, and Lamar, the main guy, asked me if I could help. I had told my good buddy Travis, who had been working with them the week previous, that if they needed more help, he could tell them that I was interested in helping. So last Saturday I was out side-dressing corn when Lamar called me and asked me if I could help. So I've revamped my schedule. Again.

Get up at 5:45. Shower and get dressed, and leave for work by 6:15.
Get to work around 6:40.
Work.
Work.
Work.
Leave work around 4:30.
Go home and get ready for evening classes.
Leave by 5:30.
Class starts at 6:00.
Class ends at 10:50.
Get home by 11:20. Eat supper.
Go to bed around/after midnight.
Etc. etc.

I love working for/with these guys. It's hardly work. I mean, you work your tail off, but they keep it fun enough that it doesn't seem like work.

And then there is my other job at University Hospital. It's a long story, but in a nutshell, I have an interview Wednesday June 1 at 10:00. So you can be praying for me.

3 Comments:

At 5/28/2005 8:08 PM, Blogger Darin Yoder said...

That schedule of yours looks like a nightmare to me. Or maybe not, it doesn't seem to have enough night to be a proper 'mare. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

So therefore, I will be praying. Really, I shouldn't say that so glibly. I'll try to remember to pray. How's that?

 
At 5/28/2005 11:04 PM, Blogger Japheth said...

Go Vernon! Work your tail off while you can. Once your married, you have to learn when to quit and that can be hard when your a go-getter.

Honestly, these kind of schedules are ok when your single but they kick the teeth in of your marriage. I had to learn the hard way once the honeymoon wore off. Might be something to talk about now, in case you don't have anything else to talk about! He He... :-)

 
At 6/06/2005 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope God gives you strength! Looks like a crazy schedual but it's all possible with Him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home