Wednesday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!

So did you get to do something special today? My hubby has his long day today, so we don't even get to spend time together today. I'm okay with that because the last two nights, he has shown his love to me, much more than just spending today with me could.

Monday evening after school, Vernon headed down to the accountant's office to hand in our tax info. We're using a new accountant this year, and since Vern has livestock info to handle, we're not confident enough on our own to do e-file or something like that.
After Vern left Mr. Bailey's, he called and asked if he should bring supper home. What would any wife say?! I didn't have anything together yet, so simply said, if he felt we could afford it. Well, he just did it this time, and when he got home, Kaylie was napping, so we got to eat our meal, just the two of us! That was like Valentine's Day all in itself!

Yesterday--Tuesday, I ended up at the doctor's office after work, and Vernon met me there after school. Kaylie has had fever off and on since Friday night, spiking high on Sunday and yesterday and waking up with high fevers as well, so we decided it's no longer teething fever, it's time to be checked out. Her doctor's complex has a night clinic, so once I got there, Vern told me to pull up under the pavilion and he'd go park the car, since it was raining. We sat in the waiting room about an hour, waiting for our turn, and I commented to Vern about this could be him someday, being the only doctor on call in his profession.
We finally headed home two hours after arriving there, and Vern told me he'd pick up supper so that once we were home, we could concentrate on Kaylie and not have to cook.

Needless to say, these past two days have shown me more than any card or flowers could, that my husband cares about his family.

So to my wonderful husband, who has to be away from his family today,
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, SWEETHEART! WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 Comments:

At 2/19/2007 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about not getting a personal email to ou sooner, but . . . I am keeping really busy. I know that sounds like an excuse, but it's not. Did you get my form email? Between that and my site you probably have the full update, but I know it's not very personal. Hopefully some day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home