Friday, February 23

God Said Yes Today!

This might seem small to some of you, but to me, this was BIG. God not only said yes; He said Yes, TODAY!

Kaylie is no longer able to fit in her infant seat, due to the straps being too tight. I think this is a combination of the seat being at least 6 years old and possibly older, so maybe Graco has learned more about needing more strap adjustment room since then, and the fact that it only has two height adjustments, and my daughter is long/tall. Try adding a jacket to the bulk, and you can just barely get her strapped in, and almost break the adjuster and your finger in the process.

Unfortunately the only other seat I own anymore is a 20-100 lb. toddler seat, front-facing only. It is one of those that has a 5 point harness, but also has seat belt holders/adjusters on the side of the seat, so that once the child is too big for straps, you can simply use the seat as a booster seat with a seat belt, yada, yada. I bought it for the express purpose of the older preschoolers in my daycare at the time. I had other car seats for the younger ones.
So obviously Kaylie is not able to be in this toddler seat. The law in our state is she has to be 20 lbs. and 1 year old before she can be turned around. She is neither. She will be ten months on Monday and is still under 18 lbs. at present.
So I borrowed an either/or seat from a friend, swapping mine for theirs until Kaylie can be turned around, still wishing I had one of my own for later....if Kaylie is doing this already.....how many others of my children will do this?

Then today I decided to follow my urge to stop in Goodwill on the way to see Vernon at the hospital, and check for car seats......last time I was in this particular Goodwill, they didn't have any......this time they had an infant seat, a rear facing/front facing, and one like I have for older toddlers.........I was ecstatic about the either/or! I called Vern to make sure he agreed with me, and he said I could get it. I had breathed a prayer before I went in there, kinda sub-consciously, knowing what price range it had to be in, and told myself I really shouldn't pay over $5 for it, yet knew I might want to get one anyway if it was not far over that price, depending on the condition. It was $3.03. Exactly what I needed and wanted! The seat we are borrowing is like one I used to own, that has the bar that comes over the child's head, with a three point harness. I used to like those....I'm finding now it can be frustrating because Kaylie can't hold her juice bottle or much else very well over the bar. This seat from Goodwill has just straps, no bar, though has the capability, since it's made the same way as the borrowed seat, I later realized, upon examination. The only difference is it lacks the bar and has a 5 point harness.

All I know is God knew my need and provided today. I am thankful. The seat cover and straps have been washed and dried and are ready for our next trip out.

What has God answered yes to for you lately?

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, although distantly. I think Grandpa and Oliver are second cousins. Something like that any way.
LaVonne

 
At 3/01/2007 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it neat when you "follow an urge" to do something and find out later it was from God? It is so humbling to be reminded again that God cares about the "little" things, even carseats...

By the way, is there any way I can subscribe to your site?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home